Post-natal Depression (PND)
Some women experience ongoing depressed feelings, panic, stress, lack of motivation, guilt, mood swings, anxiety, helplessness, a sense of being overwhelmed, tearful, worthless, and lonely during pregnancy or after child-birth. PND can affect the bonding with the child, the couple’s relationship, the mother’s mental and physical health. Psychological therapies have been found to be effective in treating PND.
We help you to recover by targeting:
- Negative/unhelpful thoughts and unrealistic expectations.
- Causes of stress.
- Connecting with your baby.
- Learning to relax and nurture yourself.
- Understanding the underlying causes that led to PND.
- Developing self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Adjust to parenthood.
- Develop a strong couple relationship.
- Learn to regulate eating, sleeping and self-care patterns.
Servicing Melbourne's northern and western suburbs, we are easily reached from Aberfeldie, Niddrie, Strathmore, Pascoe Vale, Oak Park, Glenroy, Coburg, Preston, Northcote and Fitzroy